- may gates of hell be shut continually before me: 2 Ne. 4:32 .
- wilt thou not shut gates of righteousness before me: 2 Ne. 4:32 .
- except for Resurrection, our spirits must have been shut out of God’s presence: 2 Ne. 9:9 .
- shut their eyes lest they see and be converted: 2 Ne. 16:10 . ( Isa. 6:10 . )
- when thou has shut thy door, pray to the Father who is in secret: 3 Ne. 13:6 . ( Matt. 6:6 . )
- at the Lord’s command, heavens are opened and are shut: Ether 4:9 .
- four angels have power to shut up heavens: D&C 77:8 .