Sons of Perdition
See also Death, Spiritual ; Perdition ; Unpardonable ; TG Death, Spiritual, Second ; Holy Ghost, Unpardonable Sin against ; Sons of Perdition
- angel of God had fallen from heaven: 2 Ne. 2:17 .
- final doom of those who remain enemy to God is to endure never-ending torment: Mosiah 2:38–39 .
- they who persist in carnal nature and go on in rebellion against God remain in fallen state as though no redemption had been made: Mosiah 16:5 . ( Alma 11:41 . )
- many in fourth generation will be led captive as was son of perdition: 3 Ne. 27:32 .
- he who says Christ can work no miracle shall become like son of perdition, for whom there was no mercy: 3 Ne. 29:7 .
- sons of perdition deny truth and defy the Lord’s power: D&C 76:31–32 .
- will suffer with devil in eternity: D&C 76:33, 36 .
- to receive no forgiveness: D&C 76:34 . ( D&C 84:41 ; D&C 132:27 . )
- deny the Holy Ghost after receiving it and deny the Son: D&C 76:35, 43 .
- only ones who will not be redeemed from second death: D&C 76:37–38, 43 .
- will not be brought back to presence of God in Resurrection: D&C 76:39 .