Sorrow, Sorrowful, Sorrowing
See also Adversity ; Anguish ; Despair ; Grieve ; Lament ; Misery ; Mourn ; Pain ; Remorse ; Sad ; Suffering ; Torment ; Tribulation ; Trouble ; Weep
- Lehi1 brought down into depths of sorrow because of murmuring: 1 Ne. 16:25 .
- heart of Nephi1 sorrows because of his flesh: 2 Ne. 4:17 .
- why should my soul linger in valley of sorrow: 2 Ne. 4:26 .
- the Messiah is man of sorrows: Mosiah 14:3 . ( Isa. 53:3 . )
- Alma2 weighed down with sorrow because of Nephites’ wickedness: Alma 8:14 .
- men should repent, that there might be no more sorrow: Alma 29:2 .
- words of Christ can carry men beyond vale of sorrow to better land of promise: Alma 37:45 .
- paradise a state of rest from all care and sorrow: Alma 40:12 .
- Three Nephites sorrowed because they dare not speak their desire: 3 Ne. 28:5 .
- Three Nephites not to suffer sorrow, save for sins of world: 3 Ne. 28:38 .
- Nephites’ sorrowing was not unto repentance: Morm. 2:13 .
- rebellious shall be pierced with much sorrow: D&C 1:3 .
- there shall be no sorrow because there is no death: D&C 101:29 .
- hearts flow out with sorrow because of Saints’ grievous burdens: D&C 109:48 .
- wives and children bow down with grief and sorrow: D&C 123:7 .
- wicked shall lie down in sorrow: D&C 133:70 .
- he who is sorrowful should call on the Lord: D&C 136:29 .
- sorrow shall be great unless they speedily repent: D&C 136:35 .