See also Council, Disciplinary ; Court ; Government, Civil ; Judge [noun] ; Law ; Law, Civil ; Transgression ; Transgressor ; Trial
- lawyers are hired to administer laws at times of trials: Alma 10:14 .
- dissenters thrown into prison because no time for trials: Alma 51:19 .
- Paanchi is tried by voice of people and condemned to death: Hel. 1:7–8 .
- robbers who reveal wickedness to world are tried by laws of Gadianton: Hel. 6:24 .
- judges who condemned prophets to death are to be tried according to law: 3 Ne. 6:25–27 .
- religious societies have no right to try men on right of property or life: D&C 134:10 .