Zeniff—first king of group of Nephites who return to land of Lehi-Nephi [c. 200 B.C.]
See also Lehi-Nephi, City of and Land of
- father of Noah3, grandfather of Limhi: Mosiah 7:9 .
- Ammon1 comes to inquire after brethren whom Zeniff brought from Zarahemla: Mosiah 7:13 .
- overzealous to inherit land of fathers: Mosiah 7:21 . ( Mosiah 9:3 . )
- is made king: Mosiah 7:21 .
- is deceived by King Laman2: Mosiah 7:21 . ( Mosiah 9:6–13 ; Mosiah 10:18 . )
- record of Zeniff: Mosiah 9–22 .
- is sent as spy among Lamanites: Mosiah 9:1 .
- becomes leader of group: Mosiah 9:2–3 .
- covenants with King Laman2 to possess land of Lehi-Nephi: Mosiah 9:6–7 .
- drives out Lamanite invaders: Mosiah 9:13–19 . ( Mosiah 10:19–20 . )
- confers kingdom on son, Noah3: Mosiah 11:1 .