Brother Chad H Webb invites teachers to encourage young single adults (YSAs) to attend the November Face to Face event with Elder Dallin H. Oaks and Elder M. Russell Ballard and to bring their nonmember friends to watch. The broadcast will occur on November 19, 2017.
We encourage you to use “A Process for Success” to create a plan and coordinate with other Church entities to invite youth and young adults who are not currently attending institute to participate in this broadcast. Listed below are ideas of how you could encourage youth and young adults who do not attend or who have stopped attending institute to participate in the Face to Face broadcast.
- Distribute posters and pass-along cards about the broadcast. These types of materials could also be used on social media.
- Reach out to those students who have attended institute in the past but are not attending now.
- Partner with full-time missionaries to invite less-actives, non-members, and those not attending institute.
- Work with family wards and stakes to invite those not attending young single adult (YSA) wards and branches.
- Work closely with YSA wards and stakes to invite all YSAs to participate.
- Use Snapchat geofilters to communicate the where and when of events to YSAs.
- Create a local advertising campaign using flyers, posters, and booths to display on college campuses or at other places where YSAs gather.
- Encourage unofficial social media campaigns by students, student leaders, and others.
- Work with local priesthood leaders to develop a plan to invite and help young adults participate in the Face to Face event and encourage their participation in institute.
- Develop a plan to use the Face to Face broadcast to increase enrollment, registration, and completion of institute. Come up with enrollment activities following the event.
- Highlight myinstitute.lds.org before and after the event.