Help students follow divinely ordained principles for acquiring spiritual knowledge and developing doctrinal mastery.
- Students acquire spiritual knowledge and are better prepared to respond to questions as they follow the principles and patterns that Heavenly Father has established for us to learn and understand truth.
- Students will deepen their conversion and commitment to Jesus Christ, be protected against the influences of the adversary, and be better prepared to bless the lives of others as they come to understand, believe, and live according to the Savior’s doctrine.
Seminaries and Institutes of Religion (S&I) leaders and teachers will:
- Become thoroughly familiar with all of the Doctrinal Mastery materials.
- Evaluate and update their plans to accomplish the following outcomes for Doctrinal Mastery:
- Learning and applying divine principles for acquiring spiritual knowledge and responding to questions by acting in faith, examining concepts and questions with an eternal perspective, and seeking further understanding through divinely appointed sources.
- Mastering the doctrine of the gospel of Jesus Christ and the scripture passages in which that doctrine is taught.
- Continue to incorporate the principles and practices of helping others acquire spiritual knowledge when responding to students’ questions.
- Learn the divine principles for acquiring spiritual knowledge.
- Master the doctrinal topics, key statements of doctrine, and associated doctrinal mastery scripture passages (in seminary and as the teacher feels is helpful and appropriate in institute).
- Review and apply the principles of acquiring spiritual knowledge in the practice exercises associated with each doctrinal mastery topic (in seminary and as the teacher feels is helpful and appropriate in institute).
- Approach their own questions and decisions (both inside and outside of class) using the principles of acquiring spiritual knowledge.
The Doctrinal Mastery Core Document is available here.
Previous Principles and Outcomes: 2016
Return to the Doctrinal Mastery homepage to use associated resources.