The Lord has promised that, in the dispensation of the fulness of times, everyone will have access to the gospel in his or her own language (D&C 90:11). This promise has been and continues to be fulfilled in many ways. Seminaries and Institutes of Religion (S&I) is pleased to take another step forward in this process by making our monthly email communications to teachers, administrators, and staff available in 10 languages.
The monthly Live, Teach, Administer emails, which have previously only been available in English and Spanish, will expand to include eight additional languages: Chinese, Japanese, Korean, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, and Russian. The Employee Update email (for employees) will continue to be offered only in English for the time being.
The purpose of these monthly email communications is to:
- Help us achieve the Objective of Seminaries and Institutes of Religion (Gospel Teaching and Learning: A Handbook for Teachers and Leaders in Seminaries and Institutes of Religion , x) by communicating more efficiently.
- Unify our efforts with those commissioned to lead us.
- More effectively hasten the work.
We are excited to be able to extend these resources to a greater number of S&I teachers and employees in their native languages.
Seminary and Institute Websites
Additionally, we are pleased to announce that seminary.lds.org and institute.lds.org are now also available in these 10 languages to provide inspiration, updates, and training for teachers and students alike. These two websites have been available in English since June 2016, and now the majority of our teaching and training resources, as well as the latest seminary and institute stories for teachers and students, will be available in at least these 10 languages.
These two websites include:
- Inspirational messages from the S&I administration.
- Links to broadcasts and events directed or related to S&I.
- Information to effectively train and teach, including lesson manuals and media resources.
- Resources to further understand and implement the Objective of Seminaries and Institutes of Religion (Gospel Teaching and Learning, x) and priorities.
- Links to applications for students, parents, and priesthood leaders to register students and to track progress toward graduation.
- Links to WISE and other helpful tools to enhance our work.
We invite you to explore these websites and take advantage of the resources they provide. On the webpages, you may change the language in the top right-hand corner of the page. Helpful tips are available for both the seminary and institute sites to help you get started.
We hope this effort will be another positive step as we continue to transition away from the Educator, our previous website for teachers. We are always looking for ways to improve. In the future, we hope to move to a more personalized and role-specific experience on our websites for teachers, students, and parents.
Please note that some parts of our site will remain English-only and will not be translated because some content is owned by other Church departments or is not expected to be on our sites long-term. We appreciate your patience during this transition and welcome your feedback. Let us know if you notice any errors or bugs and we will work to correct them quickly.
We hope that these new ways to communicate more effectively with our teachers through email and online will ultimately bless more students to fulfill the Objective of Seminaries and Institutes of Religion (Gospel Teaching and Learning, x) as you invite them to come to know their Savior each day. Thank you for all that you do for your students and, in turn, for the Lord.