As you conclude your study of the Book of Mormon in seminary this year, encourage your students to take Moroni’s challenge to “ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true” (Moroni 10:4). Testify that if we ask God in faith and with real intent—a commitment to act on the answer we receive—we can receive a testimony of the Book of Mormon and of Jesus Christ through the Holy Ghost.
As you prepare to teach this principle, consider sharing the following resources with your students:
- “Origin” (4:57): In this short video, a girl who is struggling to identify truth turns to God for answers.
- “The Book of Mormon: What Would Your Life Be Like without It?” by President Russell M. Nelson: If your students are struggling to know if the Book of Mormon is true, share President Nelson’s promise. He declared, “I promise that as you ponder what you study, the windows of heaven will open, and you will receive answers to your own questions and direction for your own life.”
- “The Power of the Book of Mormon” by President Thomas S. Monson: In his last conference address, President Monson promised four great blessings as we study the Book of Mormon daily. He said, “As we do so, we will be in a position to hear the voice of the Spirit, to resist temptation, to overcome doubt and fear, and to receive heaven’s help in our lives.” Heaven will help your students know the Book of Mormon is true when they ask God in faith.
Invite Students to Share
Encourage your students to ask for the confirming witness of the Holy Ghost that the Book of Mormon is true. Testify that their testimonies of the Book of Mormon will grow by praying to know it is true. Then invite them to share their testimonies of the Book of Mormon on social media. Remind them that the Spirit will bear witness to their words when they testify sincerely. Shareable images can be found on the Seminary Facebook page and are included below.
How to Share
Invite your seminary council, class president, or other class members to initiate a discussion online. Encourage them to challenge their friends to participate in the conversation by answering the following questions:
- How did I know the Book of Mormon is true?
- What teaching in the Book of Mormon has brought me closer to the Savior this year?
Include #LDSSeminary and #BookofMormonandMe in the post.