As you teach Mosiah 18:8–16 during the month of December, testify that an important part of keeping the covenant of baptism is sharing Christ’s love with others. This month your students can keep their baptismal covenant by participating in the #LightTheWorld Christmas campaign. Remind them that as they do, they can feel Christ’s Spirit always and prepare to make more covenants in the temple.
Here are a few ways you and your students can #LightTheWorld this Christmas by keeping your baptismal covenants.
- Love your neighbors (see Matthew 22:39 and day 4 on the 25 Ways, 25 Days calendar).
- Rather than dropping off treats at your neighbors’ doors, invite them to your house for a meaningful conversation.
- Rather than exchanging neighbor gifts this year, invite your neighbors to join you in donating to a meaningful cause.
- Don’t judge others (see Matthew 7:1 and day 6 on the 25 Ways, 25 Days calendar).
- Everyone carries a silent burden. Give the benefit of the doubt when interacting with friends at school.
- Look for the good in others and tell them what you find.
- Mourn with others (see Matthew 5:4 and day 12 on the 25 Ways, 25 Days calendar).
- Look for a fellow student who is facing a challenge and offer a listening ear or a shoulder to cry on.
- Holidays can be especially lonely for those who have lost a loved one. Invite them to your home for a meal or activity.
- Follow Jesus’s example (see 3 Nephi 27:21 and day 22 on the 25 Ways, 25 Days calendar).
- In every situation, do what Jesus would do. Sit by a lonely student at lunch, give a friend a ride home, obey your parents.
- Choose a Christlike attribute and work on in throughout December. Need more patience, faith, or charity? This is the perfect opportunity to become more like the Savior.
Invite Students to Share
Encourage your students to discuss how following Christ’s teachings can help them keep their baptismal covenants and invite the Spirit into their lives daily. As you share ideas, remind your students that the ordinance of the sacrament can remind them of their covenant to keep His commandments, take His name upon them, and always remember Him. Participating in that sacred ordinance weekly can also prepare them to make sacred covenants in the temple.
Students can use social media to encourage each other to keep their covenants and #LightTheWorld. A shareable image about keeping covenants is available below. Other items that can be shared on social media are available on the LDS Seminary Facebook page and at mormon.org.
Invite the seminary council, class president, or other designated students to initiate a discussion online. Encourage them to challenge their friends to use these social media resources as they answer the following questions:
How do I keep my covenants when the world says they don’t matter?
How does the partaking of the sacrament invite the Spirit into my life and help me #LightTheWorld?
Include #LightTheWorld, #LDSSeminary, and #BookOfMormonAndMe in the post.
Download Video | 360p | 720p | 1080p |
Descargar video | 360p | 720p | 1080p |
Download do vídeo | 360p | 720p | 1080p |
Télécharger la vidéo : | 360 p | 720 p | 1080 p |
Video Herunterladen 360p | 720p | 1080p |
Scarica il video: 360p | 720p | 1080p
Скачать видео | 360p | 720p | 1080p |
비디오 360p | 720p | 1080p 다운로드하기
下載影片：360p | 720p | 1080p