During May, many of you will complete your study of the New Testament with your students. As you share final insights about the Savior, His gospel, and the establishment of His Church, teach and testify of some of the important truths the Apostle John shared in the book of Revelation: Jesus Christ knows each of us personally (see Revelation 3:8), He will correct us when we need correction (see Revelation 3:19), and He will reach out to us when we seek Him (see Revelation 3:5). As we open the door to the Savior, He will come in to us and sup with us (see Revelation 3:20).
To “sup” involves more than eating; it’s a sign of fellowship or friendship (see New Testament Seminary Teacher Manual , 538). If we are to have the fellowship and friendship of the Savior, we must actively open the door to let Him in. Consider including one or more of the following videos in your lessons as you teach and testify of the importance of opening the door to the Savior:
- “That They Do Always Remember Him” (6:29): A reminder to think of the Savior often and honor Him by keeping the Sabbath day holy.
- “Obedience to the Ten Commandments” (3:10): A reminder that obedience brings us closer to the Savior.
- “Unselfish Service” (2:26): A reminder that serving others as the Savior served invites His companionship.
Invite Students to Share
As you discuss ways to open the door to the Savior, invite students to share what works for them personally. Then invite them to use social media to continue their conversation about how they can open the door to the Savior in their lives. Shareable images can be found on the LDS Seminary Facebook page and are included below.
In your discussions with your students, encourage them to identify specific times they have intentionally invited the Savior into their lives. As you and your students share thoughts on social media, consider answering the following questions:
- What have I done this week to invite the Savior into my life?
- What is one thing I will do today to open the door to the Savior?
Include #LDSSeminary in the post.