Contents
    Footnotes

    “Contents,” Ensign, Nov. 1992, 3

    Ensign

    November 1992

    Volume 22 Number 11

    General Conference Music

    Music for conference was provided by the Mormon Youth Chorus, directed by Robert C. Bowden, with organists Bonnie L. Goodliffe and Linda S. Margetts (Saturday morning); a family choir from the Jordan Utah South Region, directed by Roger L. Sorenson, with organist John Longhurst (Saturday afternoon); the Tabernacle Choir Men and Mormon Youth Men combined choirs, directed by Jerold D. Ottley and Robert C. Bowden, with organist Richard Elliott (priesthood session); and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, directed by Jerold D. Ottley and Donald H. Ripplinger, with organist Clay Christiansen (Sunday morning) and directed by Jerold D. Ottley, with organist Richard Elliott (Sunday afternoon). Music for the general women’s meeting was provided by a choir of women and young women from the Spanish Fork Utah Region, directed by Beverly Thomas, with organist Bonnie L. Goodliffe.

    Tape Recordings Available

    Cassette tape recordings of conference sessions are available for meetinghouse libraries from all English-language distribution centers, generally within two months following conference. Recordings for the deaf (videocassettes with a signing inset) and for the visually impaired (slow-speed audiocassette tapes) are available from Special Curriculum, 50 East North Temple Street, Salt Lake City, Utah 84150, USA.

    On the cover: All Things Were Made by Him, also known as The Least of These, by Greg K. Olsen, oil on canvas, 46″ x 32″, 1992.

    Inside front cover: Winter at the Beehive House, by Rebecca W. Hartvigsen, watercolor, 22″ x 30″, 1984. The historic Beehive House, built in 1854, and the Lion House, left, built in 1856, are located in downtown Salt Lake City. Brigham Young lived in the Beehive House from 1854 until his death in 1877.

    Inside back cover: St. George Temple, by Roland Lee, watercolor, 22″ x 30″, 1987. Courtesy of Dale Larkin. Built in 1871 and dedicated in 1877, the St. George Temple was the first Latter-day Saint temple built in the West. Native red sandstone quarried north of the city was used for the temple walls, which were then plastered white. On 11–12 November 1975, after extensive remodeling, the temple was rededicated by President Spencer W. Kimball.

    Visuals in this issue feature photos of conference taken by Jed Clark, Welden Andersen, Phil Shurtleff, Craig Dimond, John Luke, Melanie Shumway, and Matt Reier.