Contents
    Footnotes

    “Contents,” Ensign, Sept. 1993, 1

    Ensign

    September 1993

    Volume 23 Number 9

    On the cover: Front photo by John Luke; back photo by Mark Philbrick.

    Inside front cover: Sunday Best, by Clark Kelley Price, oil on canvas, 18″ x 24″, 1987. Courtesy of Carolyn Price. Now used as a museum, the chapel in the small town of Auburn, Wyoming, was built in 1889. It is shown here as it may have appeared on a Sunday morning at the turn of the century with faithful Saints arriving to attend meetings.

    Inside back cover: The Hawaii Temple, photographer unknown. Photo taken circa 1919. Courtesy of LDS Church Archives. The Hawaii Temple, dedicated on Thanksgiving Day, 27 November 1919, was completed only twenty-six years after the dedication of the Salt Lake Temple and was the first temple of the latter-day dispensation located outside the North American continent. Located on the northeast side of the island of Oahu, the temple was built on an 11.4-acre portion of a large plantation purchased by the Church in 1865. In mid-1976 the temple was closed for extensive remodeling; it was rededicated 13–15 June 1978.