Stake seminary and institute teachers and supervisors must be worthy to hold a temple recommend (see “Stake Presidency” in section 11.1.1 of Handbook 1: Stake Presidents and Bishops , 102). They should also:
- Strive to emulate the Savior in their lives, including how they live, teach, and dress.
- Enjoy associating with young people and believe they are eager to learn the gospel.
- Be available to prepare lessons, teach classes, and attend regularly scheduled inservice meetings.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach students the doctrines and principles of the gospel as found in the scriptures and the words of the prophets. Teach them in a way that leads to understanding and edification.
- Help students fulfill their role in the learning process and prepare to teach the gospel to others.
- Use approved curriculum and materials.
Seek to Develop as a Teacher
- Attend and participate in faculty and area inservice meetings.
- Visit regularly with their supervisor to obtain feedback and guidance.
Enroll and Encourage Students
- Help parents and priesthood leaders identify and enroll all potential students.
- Cultivate a loving, respectful, and purposeful environment in the classroom.
- Keep accurate and on-time student enrollment, attendance, and completion records.
- Encourage all students to complete class with credit.
- Help students graduate and assist the priesthood in graduation exercises.
Official Web site of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
© 2014 Intellectual Reserve, Inc. All Rights Reserved