When a young woman reaches age 12, the second counselor in the Young Women presidency and the Beehive class adviser arrange to meet with her and her parents to explain the Young Women program. A member of the Beehive class presidency may also attend. The leaders give the young woman the following items:
- Young Women Personal Progress Book (item 36035; U.S. $2.00)
- Personal Progress Journal (item 08590; U.S. $1.00)
- Young Women Theme Card (item 35224; no charge)
- For the Strength of Youth Pamphlet (item 36550; no charge)
- For the Strength of Youth Card (item 36551; no charge)
- Young Women Logo Pendant (item 08601; U.S. $3.00)
- Optional: True to the Faith: A Gospel Reference (item 37054; no charge when ordered by units for young women ages 14-18). Also available for individual purchase (item 36863; U.S. $2.00).
Leaders can also ensure that each young woman has access to a set of scriptures for her personal study and Sunday classes.
Leadership Training Library
A portion of this video illustrates a visit to a new Beehive to invite her to do Personal Progress and to welcome her into the Young Women program.
- Welcoming New Young Women - 10.7, “Personal Progress”
Church News Articles
Newly baptized members of the Church step out of the world into God’s kingdom. Living the standards in For the Strength of Youth and doing Personal Progress will help them stay on the path back to their Heavenly Father.
- “'She Glowed!' Young Woman Filled with Light before Baptism,” Elaine S. Dalton, Sept. 18, 2010
Official Web site of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
© 2014 Intellectual Reserve, Inc. All Rights Reserved