- “A Garden Full of Blessings” (March 2014 Liahona and Friend)
Andrea doesn’t like bees, but then she learns how important they are for growing food.
- “A Prayer for Muffie” (June 2009 Friend)
Eric learns that Heavenly Father cares about animals when he has to give away his pet dog.
- “Beauty All Around” (February 2013 Liahona and Friend)
A story about President Boyd K. Packer’s love for animals and his hobby of carving birds.
- “Chicks and Hens” (April 2009 Friend)
Short story about how a mother hen protects her chicks followed by a maze to help the chicks find their mother.
- “David’s Pet Boar” (June 2005 Liahona and Friend)
President David O. McKay (1873–1970) loved his pet boar so much that he called his family at 2 AM to ensure that they were taking care of it.
- “Jehovah Keeps His Promises” (March 2010 Friend)
A retelling of the story of Noah and the ark.
- “Kindness to All Creatures” (March 2011 Friend)
A story about President David O. McKay’s love for all of God’s creations.
- “My Brother and a Puppy” (September 2008 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Keith R. Edwards shares a story about the pet dog he had as a child.
- “My Fishing Lessons” (February 2011 Friend)
Elder James J. Hamula of the Seventy tells about his experiences fishing on the river and how it prepared him for bringing people to the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- “Noah and the Flood” (October 2002 Friend)
A rebus story about Noah and the ark. Also includes an activity to help children retell Noah’s story.
- “Praying for the Fawn” (July 2013 Friend)
A boy shares a story about how prayed for a baby deer he found abandoned.
- “Saving the Wheat” (July 2012 Friend”)
A retelling of the story of the seagulls eating the crickets to save the crops of the pioneers in the Salt Lake Valley.
- “The Seagulls” (July 2011 Friend)
A poem about the seagulls and the crickets.
- “Sharing Time: Reverence for Heavenly Father’s Creations” (November 1992 Liahona and Friend)
President Howard W. Hunter saves kitten from drowning because he has reverence for Heavenly Father’s creations.
- “These Amazing Creatures” (May 1986 Friend)
A poem about the role of God’s creatures.
- “To the Point: Do animals have spirits? What happens to them after they die?” (March 2012 Liahona and New Era)
- “Two Birds” (October 2005 Friend)
A rebus story about two birds who get caught in a store.
- “We May Be Like Him” (January 2004 Friend)
President Boyd K. Packer shares a story about young chicks and how they grow up to be like their parents.
- “Animal Jingles” (May 1997 Friend)
Children match up an animal jingle with the animal that makes that sound.
- “Animal Matchup” (February 2006 Friend)
A simple, printable matching game.
- “Animal Riddles” (April 2008 Friend)
Figure out which animals these clues are talking about.
- “Animal Riddles” (July 2005 Friend)
Guess the correct answer for these animal riddles.
- “Animal Scriptures and Letter Square” (May 2011 Friend)
Fill in the blanks with words from the scriptures, then search for the words in a word search game.
- “Barnyard Music” (August 2007 Friend)
Color the picture then while reading a poem point to the animal or object which makes that sound.
- “Bird Ornament” (December 2008 Friend)
Copy and cut out a bird to color and decorate with yarn.
- “Butterfly Wings” (May 2009 Friend)
A finger play activity with short poems and information about butterflies.
- “For the Birds” (October 2007 Friend)
Riddles and jokes about birds.
- “Forest Friends” (September 2007 Friend)
Find 20 forest animals in this word search.
- “Fruit and Veggie Butterflies” (February 2012 Friend)
Use fruit, vegetables, and other toppings to make snacks that look like butterflies.
- “Go Fish” (March 2007 Friend)
For every fish on the page, name a blessing that Heavenly Father has given you.
- “Go Fish!” (May 2003 Friend)
A word search puzzle using names of fish.
- “Go Fishing” (July 2003 Friend)
Find the fish in this picture and color them.
- “God’s Creatures” (February 1998 Friend)
Draw a line from the picture of each animal in the poem to the bigger picture of that animal.
- “Mixed-up Animals” (September 2005 Friend)
Look up scriptures to sort the animals on Noah’s ark.
- “Noah and the Flood” (October 2002 Friend)
Includes an activity to help children retell Noah’s story.
- “Our Animal Friends” (January 2005 Friend)
Do actions or sounds like the animals that are described.
- “Who Caught the Fish?” (May 2007 Friend)
Follow the strings to see who caught the fish.
- “Wild Animal Crossword” (September 1971 Friend)
Fill in this crossword puzzle by figuring out which wild animal each clue describes.
- “Wonders” (November 2005 Friend)
A poem about animals and colors with a picture to color.
- Gospel Art Picture: “Noah and Animals”
- Image Collection: “Animals”
- Music: “All Things Bright and Beautiful” (Children’s Songbook, 231)
- Music: “Birds in the Tree” (Children’s Songbook, 241)
- Music: “In the Leafy Treetops” (Children’s Songbook, 240)
- Music: “The World is So Big” (Children’s Songbook, 235)
- Sheet Music: “Don’t Kill the Birds” (Aug-Sept. 1979 Friend)
- Video: Old Testament Stories, “Chapter 6: Noah”
Official Web site of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
© 2014 Intellectual Reserve, Inc. All Rights Reserved