- “A Grateful Heart” (November 2013 Friend)
President Henry B. Eyring teaches about being thankful in all things. Includes a simple activity.
- “A Helping of Gratitude” (November 2013 Friend)
Liza is not in the mood for saying something she is grateful for because she’s upset they couldn’t go to her grandparents’ house for Thanksgiving.
- “Count Your Blessings” (March 2011 Liahona and Friend)
President Henry B. Eyring encourages us to remember God’s kindness.
- “Give Thanks for Everything” (January 2010 Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson shares a story about a woman who finds a way to say thank you despite her trials.
- “Glad You’re My Dad” (February 2013 Friend)
Mark realizes how grateful he is for the things his dad does for him.
- “Gratitude” (November 2002 Friend)
President Gordon B. Hinckley shares his thoughts on gratitude.
- “Gratitude and Thanksgiving” (November 1985 Friend)
President Marion G. Romney (1897–1988) shares his thoughts on the story of the ten lepers.
- “Gratitude Tree” (November 2013 Friend)
Instructions for creating a paper tree to remember things you are grateful for.
- “I love Being Me!” (February 2013 Friend)
Josh realizes how grateful he is for his life.
- “Jesus Heals the Sick” (May 2011 Friend)
A retelling of the story of Jesus and the ten lepers.
- “Matt and Mandy” (September 2012 Friend)
Matt and Mandy express gratitude to the crossing guard.
- “My Gratitude List” (November 2009 Friend)
Christina begins to keep a gratitude list when her father’s business struggles.
- “New Shoes for Tillie” (October 2010 Friend)
Tillie gets new shoes because her father sacrifices his shoes.
- “Nine Lepers and a Thank-you Note” (November 2007 Friend)
Shaun remembers to thank his grandparents for the gift they gave him.
- “Pioneer Parasols” (July 2010 Friend)
Christiana lets her father exchange her parasol for flour.
- “Sharing Time: Giving Thanks” (November 1998 Liahona and Friend)
Learn several ways to say “thank you.” Includes scripture stories about being thankful.
- “The Most Precious Gift” (September 2010 Liahona and Friend)
A girl weaves a serape for a missionary who introduced her family to the gospel.
- “The Ten Lepers” (July 1999 Friend)
A simplified version of the story of Jesus and the ten lepers.
- “What should I be thankful for in my life?” (November 2007 Friend)
Elder Dallin H. Oaks of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles shares some thoughts on this subject.
- “A Box of Blessings” (August 2013 Friend)
You can make this gratitude journal box to record how Heavenly Father blesses you.
- “A Jar Full of Thanks” (November 2011 Friend)
Instructions for filling a jar with items that represent blessings.
- “A Prophet’s Counsel” (November 2012 Friend)
Decode a hidden message to find out what President Monson said about being grateful for our blessings.
- “Be a Sunbeam for Jesus” (June 2010 Liahona and Friend)
A template for making cheerful thank-you notes. Includes comments from President Dieter F. Uchtdorf.
- Coloring Page: “I am thankful to know that we are all children of God.” (November 2008 Friend)
- Coloring Page: “My faith in Jesus Christ blesses my life. I am thankful for my blessings.” (November 2007 Friend)
- “Count Your Blessings” (May 2010 Friend)
A simple illustration of the many things a young boy is thankful for.
- “Sharing Time: Count Your Blessings” (November 1999 Liahona and Friend)
Make a thank-you book to record your blessings.
- “Sharing Time: Every Blessing that I Enjoy Here” (November 2008 Friend)
Includes a matching game.
- “Sharing Time: Scripture Journal” (January 2010 Liahona and Friend)
Includes a template for a doorknob hanger where you can list your blessings.
- “Showing Thanks” (November 2008 Friend)
A simple activity about gratitude. Includes a space for drawing.
- “Thankful” (November 2007 Friend)
- Includes a poem and a drawing page.
- “Thankfulness” (November 2008 Friend)
A word puzzle about thankfulness.
- “The Choice to Be Grateful” (December 2011 Liahona)
The hidden picture activity at the end of President Henry B. Eyring’s message invites children to look for their blessings.
- “Two Little Words” (November 2007 Friend)
Includes instructions for making a gratitude journal.
- Bright Idea Poster: “When thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God.” (June 2012 Friend)
- Bright Idea Poster: “Live in thanksgiving daily.” (November 2012 Friend)
- Gospel Art Picture: “The Ten Lepers”
- Image Collection: “Animals”
Images of animals that can be used when teaching about gratitude for God's creations.
- Music: “A Song of Thanks” (Children’s Songbook, 20)
- Music: “Can a Little Child like Me?” (Children’s Songbook, 9)
- Music: “Children All Over the World” (Children’s Songbook, 16)
- Music: “Family Prayer” (Children’s Songbook, 189)
- Music: “For Thy Bounteous Blessings” (Children’s Songbook, 21)
- Music: “I Am Glad for Many Things” (Children’s Songbook, 151)
- Music: “I Thank Thee, Dear Father” (Children’s Songbook, 7)
- Music: “I Have Two Ears” (Children’s Songbook, 269)
- Music: “I’m Thankful to Be Me” (Children’s Songbook, 11)
- Music: “Thanks to Our Father” (Children’s Songbook, 20)
- Sheet Music: “Giving Thanks” (November 1980 Friend)
- Sheet Music: “Hymn of Thanks” (November 1978 Friend)
- Sheet Music: “My Blessings” (November 1983 Friend)
- Sheet Music: “My Thanks Today” (November 1990 Friend)
- Video: Matt and Mandy, “Outer Space Adventure”
- Video: Mormon Messages, “In the Spirit of Thanksgiving”
Random people on the streets of New York City share what they are thankful for.
- Video: Mormon Messages, “Thanksgiving Daily”
Learn how you can live in thanksgiving daily by noticing the wonders and beauties of this world.
- Video: New Testament Stories, “Chapter 37: The Ten Lepers”
- Video: “President Monson - On Gratitude”
President Monson expresses the importance of gratitude in everyday life.
Official Web site of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
© 2014 Intellectual Reserve, Inc. All Rights Reserved