- “Hoping for a Hit” (September 2013 Friend)
Joseph prayed for help developing baseball skills.
- “Keep It Up, Jenna!” (November 2009 Friend)
Jenna felt glad she had continued her piano lessons.
- “Lacy’s Talent” (January 2002 Friend)
A girl learns that she has many talents, even though they aren’t easy to see or hear.
- “Lightning Strikes” (February 2008 Friend)
Kent calms the congregation as he plays the piano in sacrament meeting.
- “Marching Band” (May 1991 Friend)
Two boys decide to combine their talents to join the school marching band.
- “No Two Exactly the Same” (October 1994 Friend)
Richard feels discouraged when his younger brother seems to have more skills than he does.
- “Practicing Her Talents” (November 2010 Friend)
Not all talents are the kinds that win trophies or medals.
- “President Grant’s Example” (September 2008 Liahona and Friend)
Heidi decides to work on improving her handwriting after hearing a story about Heber J. Grant.
- “Primary Pianists” (April 2010 Liahona and Friend)
Andrea, Erick, Kristofer, Suzett and Yuridia share their talents in church.
- Question Corner: “I feel like everyone in my family is good at something except me. How can I find something I’m good at?” (November 2012 Friend)
- “She Painted Her Faith” (January 2010 Friend)
Get to know Minerva Teichert, a talented artist.
- “Smiles to Share” (June 2009 Liahona and Friend)
A young girl learns that everyone has at least one talent to share.
- “Talent-Show Surprise” (January 2014 Friend)
Not all talents belong on a stage.
- “Talents” (March 2003 Friend)
A young boy learns that people are good at different things.
- “The Best” (February 2010 Friend)
Marcus didn’t feel he was the best at anything.
- “The Not-So-Perfect-Clarinetest” (March 2014 Friend)
A girl learns to be happy for the success of others.
- “The Talent Show” (January 2009 Liahona and Friend)
Marie learns that she has a talent for making others feel special.
- “The Two Secrets” (March 2012 Friend)
What’s the secret to doing well?
- “Gifts from God” (March 2003 Friend)
A lesson about the importance of temporal and spiritual gifts. Includes instructions for a gifts chain activity.
- “I Have Many Talents” (October 1999 Friend)
A simple pantomime game about different talents.
- “Reaching Your Goal” (March 1985 Friend)
A journaling activity that encourages setting goals to develop new skills and talents.
- “Sharing Time: I Have Talents” (June 1989 Friend)
A story about the variety of talents children have. Includes finger puppets to print out and color.
- LDS Media Library Picture: “Boy helping teach primary”
- “Matt and Mandy” (May 2009 Friend)
Look what I can do!
- Music: “Every Star Is Different” (Children’s Songbook, 142)
- Music: “Give Said the Little Stream” (Children’s Songbook, 236)
- “The New Adventures of Matt and Mandy” (January 2014 Friend)
Mandy didn’t like practicing piano, but playing was starting to be fun
- Video: Mormon Message for Youth, “Deep Beauty”
- Video: New Testament Stories, “Chapter 48: The Talents”
Official Web site of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
© 2014 Intellectual Reserve, Inc. All Rights Reserved