- “Addiction or Freedom” (May 2002 Friend)
Elder Russell M. Nelson testifies of the Word of Wisdom.
- “A Firm Decision” (June 2006 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Israel Perez of the Seventy decided to keep the Word of Wisdom from a very young age.
- “An Operation on Joseph’s Leg” (February 2008 Friend)
An illustrated telling of how Joseph Smith refused alcohol before surgery as a child.
- “A True Friend” (June 2012 Liahona and Friend)
Melanie helps her friend decide not to smoke.
- Doctrine and Covenant Stories, “Chapter 31: The Word of Wisdom: February 1833”
- “Follow Your Leaders” (July 2004 Friend)
Elder D. Rex Gerratt of Seventy’s father overcame a Word of Wisdom problem to be sealed to his family.
- “He Told Me, ‘No Way’” (July 2010 Liahona and Friend)
Chase refuses to try beer at a friend’s house.
- “Honoring His Name” (May 2008 Friend)
Elder Shayne M. Bowen of the Seventy made a promise with his brother when they were children to never break the Word of Wisdom.
- “I Love Him, He’s My Dad” (September 2004 Friend)
A boy loves his father even though his father has a drinking problem.
- Revelations in Context, “The Word of Wisdom”
History context account of the Word of Wisdom revelation. For adults as background for teaching.
- “Spring Cleaning” (March 2004 Liahona and Friend)
President Gordon B. Hinckley (1910-2008) teaches that our bodies are sacred.
- “The Gospel Makes us Happy” (October 2005 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Jean A. Tefan of the Seventy shares how keeping the Word of Wisdom and sharing the gospel make us happy.
- “The Strength to Choose” (April 2010 Friend)
Chris’s friend pressures him to smoke, but he chooses the right.
- “The Word of Wisdom: A Blessing of Strength” (February 2003 Friend)
Elder Darwin B. Christenson of the Seventy shares how living the Word of Wisdom helped him win a military race.
- “Trouble in a Teapot” (July 2013 Friend)
Amy’s ancestors stood up for their beliefs. Can she do the same and not drink the tea at the party?
- “Trying to Be Like Jesus” (September 2010 Friend)
Features a girl from Texas who chose not to drink tea at her friend’s house.
- “Trying to Be Like Jesus: I’ll Have Juice” (December 2009 Friend)
A girl and her mother drink juice instead of tea at a party.
- “Words of Wisdom” (October 2011 Friend)
Jonathan shared his testimony of the Word of Wisdom with his friend.
- “Word of Wisdom Decision” (October 2009 Friend)
John describes how he followed the Word of Wisdom.
- “Word of Wisdom Promise” (November 2006 Friend)
Use a chart to decode the puzzle.
- “A Healthy Body” (August 2011 Friend)
Match the distorted photos with things that can keep us healthy.
- Coloring Page: “Exercise Is Fun” (August 2009 Friend)
Includes instructions for an outside game.
- Coloring Page: “Good Choices” (October 2005 Liahona and Friend)
A color-by-number about the Word of Wisdom.
- Coloring page: “Living the Word of Wisdom Shows Respect for My Body.” (August 2011 Liahona and Friend)
- “Healthy and Happy” (January 2012 Friend)
Draw your favorite meal to find out if you are making healthy food choices.
- “Healthy and Happy” (March 2012 Friend)
An invitation to track your exercise for a week.
- “My Body Is a Temple of God” (August 2011 Liahona and Friend)
Find your way through the maze by choosing the paths that help you treat your body like a temple of God.
- “Sharing Time: I Will Always Choose the Right” (October 2005 Liahona and Friend)
Choose pictures that represent good decisions to move toward Christ.
- “Sharing Time: Warning!” (November 1993 Friend)
A short lesson and coloring pages about the Word of Wisdom.
- “Test Your Health IQ” (April 2012 Friend)
Take a quiz to see how well you are caring for your body.
- “Word of Wisdom Picture Puzzler” (May 2006 Friend)
Identify these close-up photos of food to solve the puzzle.
- “Words of Wisdom” (November 1989 Friend)
Crossword puzzle with verses from D&C 89.
- “Word of Wisdom Promise” (November 2006 Friend)
A coded-message activity.
- Music: “Choose the Right Way” (Children’s Songbook, 160)
- Music: “For Health and Strength” (Children’s Songbook, 21)
- Music: “Healthy, Wealthy, and Wise” (Children’s Songbook, 280)
- Music: “The Lord Gave Me a Temple” (Children’s Songbook, 153)
- Music: “The Prophet Said To Plant a Garden” (Children’s Songbook, 237)
- Music: “The Word of Wisdom” (Children’s Songbook, 154)
- Music: “Word of Wisdom Promises” (May 1975 Friend)
- Verse: “Farm Visit” (October 2012 Friend)
It’s fun to eat healthy foods from a farm.
- Video: “A Brand New Year: Physical Health”
Youth from around the world talk about staying healthy and obeying the Word of Wisdom.
- Video: “Doctrine and Covenants Stories: Chapter 31: The Word of Wisdom (February 1833)”
- Video: “God Gave Them Knowledge”
Daniel shows obedience to the commandments of the Lord by not eating the king’s wine and meat.
- Video: “Old Testament Visual Resources: Daniel”
Daniel and his friends partake of grains and water in place of meat and wine.
- Video: One in a Million, “Alberto, Mexico”
Alberto talks about health challenges and the Word of Wisdom.
- Video: Our Faith, “Word of Wisdom”
A man describes his commitment to follow God’s commandments to care for the body He has given us.
- Video: “Word of Wisdom Leads to Revelation”
President Packer of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles teaches that the obedience to the world of wisdom is vital to receive revelation.
© 2015 Intellectual Reserve, Inc. All Rights Reserved