A man or woman may serve as the ward music chairman. Under the direction of the ward music adviser, the ward music chairman has the following responsibilities:
- Serve as a resource to the bishopric on music matters.
- Arrange for effective, appropriate music in sacrament meetings and other ward meetings. Serve as a resource to ward auxiliary leaders in providing music training and meeting other music needs as requested.
- Recommend and supervise music training programs in the ward.
- Recommend and implement ward music programs as requested.
- Recommend members to fill ward music positions as requested by the ward music adviser. Supervise those who serve in ward music callings.
The ward music chairman receives training and support from the stake music chairman as needed.
Official Web site of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
© 2014 Intellectual Reserve, Inc. All Rights Reserved