- This decision was made and announced by the First Presidency after counseling with the Quorum of the Twelve and the presidencies of the sister-led organizations.
- Such a general women’s meeting has been considered by the leaders of the women’s organizations for some time, returning their meetings to a format used for several years prior to 1993.
- All three presidencies (Relief Society, Young Women, and Primary) will participate in planning and conducting the meetings, which are for women, young women, and girls ages 8 and older.
- The meeting will focus on issues of significance to girls, young women, and women, blessing them, their homes, and their families in the process.
- The meeting will seamlessly unite grandmothers, mothers, and daughters—young and old, single and married—in a worldwide meeting for sisters twice a year.
- Sisters will see in each other’s lives the covenant path of priesthood ordinances—from baptism to the temple to eternal families—available to all of God’s children.
- The first combined women’s meeting will be held in March 2014.
- Additional instructions will be forthcoming. To review the initial announcement, please visit www.lds.org/church/news/first-presidency-announces-new-general-womens-meeting.
Official Web site of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
© 2015 Intellectual Reserve, Inc. All Rights Reserved