April 28, 2014
This week the Media Library has published a collection of Primary Symbols and the Primary website has an accompanying page on Teaching with Symbols with some tips on using those symbols to teach children with disabilities. The Primary page also gives suggestions on how the symbols can be used in Primary and Nursery classrooms.
April 10, 2014
Asl.lds.org recently published the following materials online in American Sign Language!
- Handbook 2: Administering in the Church
- Teachings of the Presidents of the Church: Joseph Fielding Smith
- Video Dictionary of Sign Language Terms
- Preach My Gospel
- Preparing to Enter the Holy Temple
- The Songs for the 2014 Sharing Time
- God Loveth His Children
- Let Virtue Garnish Thy Thoughts
- ASL Video Media Library
ASL DVDs can be purchased at store.lds.org.
April 08, 2014
The strength of members with disabilities and their families came up throughout the General Women meeting held in Salt Lake City on March 30th.
Sister Rosemary M. Wixom spoke of a family with five daughters, four in wheelchairs who traveled 14 hours to go to the temple and do work for the dead. Sister Bonnie L. Oscarson, Sister Linda K. Burton, and Elder Henry B. Eyring also spoke at the conference.