Focus your efforts where possible on temple ordinances. Invite those you are helping to involve other family members in their temple service.
- See yourself as a missionary in your family history efforts. You are on the Lord’s errand.
- Live worthy of the companionship of the Holy Ghost; act on promptings as they come.
- Pray specifically to be led to those who are ready to have spiritual experiences with family history.
- Work with your high priests group leader and others on the ward council to identify people who you can help.
Places to find others to help:
Adapt these ideas based on local needs:
- Under the direction of your bishop, use Sunday School time to provide one-on-one help for a 2- or 3-week period based on these principles.
- Offer to help recently baptized members so that they can attend the temple for the first time with family names.
- Offer to help families find family names as part of a family home evening.
- Work with youth leaders to offer one-on-one help to youth classes or quorums.
- Work with primary leaders to offer one-on-one help to 11-year-olds preparing to go to the temple when they turn 12.
- Offer to help recently called missionaries who will be attending the temple for the first time and would benefit from having family names as they subsequently attend the temple.