Ask the person you are helping for permission to plan a lesson using his or her own family tree. You can gain permission through the consultant planner.
Use these steps to get permission:
- Log in to FamilySearch.org with your LDS Account username and password.
- At the top right corner of FamilySearch, go to the get help menu, and select Help Others. (This feature is only available to members of the LDS Church.)
- To help someone, you need to request access to his or her family tree using one of the following options:
- To send an email invitation, click Invite Person.
- To manually add someone to your list using his or her helper number, username, or birth date, click Add Person.