What Does the Stake Presidency Do?
A member of the stake presidency chairs the self-reliance committee. The stake presidency is responsible to:
- Define self-reliance objectives for the stake.
- Organize a stake self-reliance committee.
- Teach principles of self-reliance and instruct bishops and members of the stake self-reliance committee in their self-reliance responsibilities.
- Invite returning missionaries and new converts to participate in self-reliance groups.
- Include self-reliance on the stake council agenda.
- Call stake self-reliance specialists.
- Review and act on stake self-reliance progress reports and PEF loan reports.
- Provide guidance for the family history center to be shared for self-reliance purposes as needed.