As a FamilySearch Library missionary, you will assist patrons in identifying their ancestors and help them submit names for temple ordinances.
Who Can Serve: Full- and Part-Time Missionaries
- Basic computer skills
- The ability to enjoy working with the public, customer service oriented
- Enthusiasm about family history and familiarity with FamilySearch products
- The ability to learn new programs and adapt to a changing environment
Training will be provided.
FamilySearch Library Locations:
Other service locations include:
- Downtown Salt Lake City, Utah
- BYU Idaho Family History Center – Rexburg, ID
- BYU Family History Library – Provo, UT
Read about the experiences missionaries are having as they make a lasting impact:
“Being a family history missionary has provided me with experiences that have strengthened my testimony of the truthfulness of this gospel and the purpose of our life. By taking advantage of training opportunities, I have learned how to help myself and others in their family history. It is so rewarding to see someone find their ancestors and take their names to the temple. I have personally seen how people are led to find the ancestors they are looking for. I have a testimony that this is the Lord’s work, and I am thrilled to be part of it.” —Sister Hardy, Provo Family History Center