LDS Employment Resource Services (ldsjobs.org) brings hope to those who are striving to achieve a better life for themselves and their families. This hope is fostered through dedicated missionaries who understand that every individual needs help in building his or her self-respect and self-reliance. At LDS employment centers throughout the United States and Canada, missionaries give of their time and talents in service and friendship to those in their local communities.
Full-Time Welfare Missionary Service
Full-time welfare missionaries fill a variety of welfare assignments as directed by their mission presidents. One of these assignments might be with LDS Employment Resource Services.
When there are special circumstances that prevent missionary service away from home, missionary couples might be called to serve a Church-service mission, full-time, at employment centers in their local communities.
Part-Time Welfare Missionary Service
Church-service missionaries live at home and serve between 8 and 32 hours per week. When there is a request to fill a missionary position for LDS Employment Resource Services, those who have received a referral from their bishop are considered for this important call from their stake president.
What types of assignments might a missionary fill for LDS Employment Resource Services?
- Provide one-on-one assistance to individuals with their job search
- Teach career workshops
- Teach self-employment workshops
- Assist individuals participating in the Professional Placement Program
- Facilitate networking groups
- Develop business community contacts
- Post and find jobs in the community
- Provide referrals for starting a new business
- Help individuals find opportunities to develop new skills or further their education
- Train local employment center volunteers, Church leaders, and patrons
- Assist with administrative tasks