Build and express appreciation for fathers.
Watch together one of the following videos: “Earthly Father, Heavenly Father” or “Fathers and Sons.” Share with each other what your fathers mean to you. As a quorum or class, plan ways to show gratitude for fathers in your ward or branch. Here are some ideas:
- Invite your fathers to attend Mutual and play a sport or game with you.
- Make or decorate neckties.
- Make a video where you tell your fathers how much you love them. Invite your fathers to watch the video with you.
- Do yard work or a home improvement project for a father in the ward or branch.
- Volunteer to take care of small children so a few fathers in the ward or branch can spend an evening alone with their wives.
- Prepare a special dinner honoring fathers, and invite several fathers from the ward or community. Present awards to each one who attends, honoring his service as a father.
- Hold a competition among the youth to see who can complete the most service for their fathers in a week.
- Learn a song honoring fathers that you could sing during sacrament meeting on Father’s Day.
- Write notes of gratitude expressing how your fathers have influenced your lives.
Connect with what we’re learning