Build and express appreciation for mothers.
Watch together a video about mothers, such as “It Was Mom” (see above), “To Every Mother,” “Happy Mother’s Day, Mom!” or “Motherhood: An Eternal Partnership with God.” Share with each other what your mothers mean to you. As a quorum or class, plan and carry out an act of service to show gratitude for mothers in your ward or branch. Here are some ideas:
- Create a scrapbook with images and messages that express your gratitude for your mothers.
- Make a video where you tell your mothers how much you love them. Invite your mothers to come watch the video with you.
- Plant a small garden for a mother in the ward or branch.
- Volunteer to help a few mothers in the ward or branch by taking care of their children for an evening.
- Prepare a special dinner honoring mothers, and invite several mothers from the ward or community. Present awards to each one who attends, honoring her service as a mother.
- Invite your moms to attend Mutual and play a sport or game with you.
- Learn a song honoring mothers that you could sing during sacrament meeting on Mother’s Day.
- Hold a competition among the youth to see who can complete the most household chores for their mothers in a week.
Connect with what we’re learning