Activities should involve minimal risk of injury or illness to participants as well as damage to property. During activities, leaders should make every effort to ensure safety. By planning effectively and following safety precautions, leaders can minimize the risk of accidents.
Activities should include appropriate training and proper supervision. They should also be appropriate for the participants’ age and maturity.
Leaders should be prepared for emergencies that may occur. They should also know in advance how to contact local law enforcement and emergency services.
The following resources will assist you to plan and carry out safe, successful activities:
- Accident Response
- Accident Reporting
- Automobile Insurance
- Personal Health and Accident Insurance
- Church Activity Medical Assistance (formerly Church Activity Insurance)
- Personal Liability Insurance
- Adult Supervision
- Overnight Activities
- Parental Permission
- Scouting: Properly Registered Leaders
- Scouting: Calling Adult Scouting Leaders
- Scouting: Two-Deep Leadership