Celebrate Christ’s birth by lighting the world in 25 ways for 25 days!
Jesus Christ is the Light of the World. When we let our own light so shine by serving others, we help others feel Christ’s light and love (see Matthew 5:16). Christ served others in many different ways, and so can you! Each week we will post ways for you to serve others as Christ would. Celebrate Christ’s birth by lighting the world by serving in 25 ways for 25 days! You can share your experiences, testimony, and other messages on social media using #LightTheWorld.
December 1: I will lift others’ burdens.
Jesus lifted others’ burdens and so can you
See Matthew 11:29–30
No shoulders have ever borne as much as those of Jesus Christ. By descending below all things, Jesus put Himself in position to lift our burdens. When we lend our strength to those who are weighed down by life’s challenges, even the heaviest load can be made lighter.
- Pray and ask Heavenly Father to make you more aware of those around you that need help carrying their burdens.
- Share an experience on social media when prayer helped you carry a burden.
- Offer to carry someone’s backpack for him or her. Try and think of someone who really could use some kindness.
December 2: I will honor my parents.
Jesus Honored His Parents and So Can You
See Luke 2:46–51
Jesus Christ is the King of kings, but as a child, He loved and respected His earthly parents, Mary and Joseph. As we find ways to do the same, we can learn from our parents, just as Jesus did.
- Text your parents or grandparents reasons you love them throughout the day.
- Post a positive characteristic that you inherited or learned from your parents on social media.
- Do some chores around the house that normally your parents would handle.
- Tell your parents about how they were right. Be specific!
December 3: I will help others to see.
Jesus Helped Others to See and So Can You
See John 9:6–7
As the Light of the World, Jesus Christ was born so that no one would have to live in darkness. He miraculously healed the blind, but that’s far from the only way Jesus Christ can open our eyes. Today, there are many ways we can help others—and ourselves—to see the things that matter most.
- Point out a virtue in someone they don’t see in themselves.
- Read and share this account of Christ giving sight to the blind.
- Share this inspiring video about a person living with blindness.
December 4: I will worship God.
Jesus Worshipped His Father and So Can You
See John 17:1–2
Though Jesus was lauded as a master teacher and miracle worker, everything He did was to glorify His Father in Heaven. Like Jesus, we can worship God to find strength and guidance for everyday challenges.
- Make a goal to offer a kneeling prayer to Heavenly Father every day in December.
- Read and share this account of Jesus worshipping His Father.
Share your experience
How did you light the world this week? Share your experience below.