You can easily find some family members you can do temple work for. All you need is a phone and an app.
If you’re looking for a simple way to do some family history work, look no further! All you need is a phone and an app.
With Ordinances Ready, a part of the FamilySearch app, you can easily find some family members you can do temple work for. Here’s what you do:
1. Download the FamilySearch Family Tree app and sign in.
2. You should be on your home screen.
- iPhone Users: Tap the temple icon at the bottom.
- Android Users: Tap the menu bar in the upper-left corner. Then tap on the temple.
3. If you have ancestors’ work reserved, you’ll see them listed here. If not, you will soon.
4. Tap on the green Ordinances Ready button. A white box labeled Select Ordinance Type comes up.
5. Pick which ordinance type you want. A list of ancestors will pop up. These are all people who need your help completing ordinances in the temple.
6. Choose whether to print cards for your relatives or write down the Family Ordinance Request (FOR) number for each ordinance your ancestor needs to have completed. You can bring either to the temple.
Remember: “Anytime you do anything that helps anyone—on either side of the veil—take a step toward making covenants with God and receiving their essential baptismal and temple ordinances, you are helping to gather Israel. It is as simple as that.”
—President Russell M. Nelson, President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints