Wondering how you can share the gospel? Here are some things other youth have done.
The Lord has said, “If ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work” (D&C 4:3). And you’ve probably heard “every member a missionary” a few times in your life. So, what can you do to share the gospel?
There are many things the youth of the Church are doing to help others come unto Christ and learn about His restored gospel. Here are just a few. (Tell us some of your ideas for sharing the gospel by clicking on Share your experience at the bottom of the page.)
- Invite friends to Mutual activities.
- Study Preach My Gospel.
- Participate in extracurricular activities (sports, music, drama, service, or whatever) to get to know more people and have positive associations with them.
- Let people know about our standards and why we have them.
- As you study the gospel, think about how you are preparing to answer questions your friends may ask.
- Invite friends to church.
- Get a copy of the Book of Mormon to give to someone.
- Pray about finding someone to share the gospel with.
- Include someone in an activity with your group of friends who are Church members, even though you may not know her that well.
- Listen to others when they talk about their beliefs.
- Be prepared to share the gospel at any moment—even when you’re watching a movie with your friends or family.
- Invite friends to play Church sports.
- Be open to the possibility that anyone—even someone you would least expect because of how he talks, acts, and dresses—can be ready to hear the gospel.
- Invite friends to seminary.
- Set a goal as a priesthood quorum to add new members to your quorum by inviting all to come unto Christ.
- Smile. Really. It’s just that simple sometimes.
- Always treat people kindly, even when they are unkind to you.
- Strengthen your testimony—pray, study the scriptures, and participate fully in the Church. The depth of your conversion will shine through.