You may not yet be a full-time missionary. But all can be member missionaries. Here are some things you can do.
- Be an example of the believers. Each of you can live in accord with Christ’s teachings.
- Prepare for questions. Let your response be warm and joyful. And let your response be relevant to the individual.
- Be ready to take the next step. An invitation to attend a Sunday meeting with you or to participate in a Church social or service activity will help to dispel mistaken myths and make visitors feel more comfortable among us.
- Reach out to those you do not know and greet them warmly. Each Sunday extend a hand of fellowship to at least one person you did not know before. Each day of your life, strive to enlarge your own circle of friendship.
- Invite a friend to read the Book of Mormon. Explain that it is not a novel or a history book. It is another testament of Jesus Christ.
- Invite friends to meet with full-time missionaries in your home.
- Invite friends and neighbors to visit the new mormon.org website. If you have blogs and online social networks, you could link your sites to mormon.org.
Each exemplary follower of Jesus Christ can become an effective member missionary. Members and full-time missionaries may walk arm in arm in bringing the blessings of the gospel to cherished friends and neighbors.
What have you done to follow Elder Nelson’s counsel? Click Share your experience below.
Official Web site of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
© 2018 Intellectual Reserve, Inc. All Rights Reserved