If you’re reading this article, that means you know about LDS.org, but did you know even more options are waiting for you when you register for and sign in with an LDS Account? Try out these 10 great features:
- Access your family history charts, create your family tree, and prepare family names for temple work. Visit FamilySearch.org.
- Use your ward and stake directory to find contact information for local leaders and ward members. (An LDS Tools app is also available for mobile devices.)
- Work on Personal Progress and Duty to God online, including tracking your progress and keeping a digital journal.
- Mark up, highlight, and take notes on a digital edition of the scriptures and other Church publications. An LDS Gospel Library app is also available for mobile devices.
- Do FamilySearch indexing to help a lot of people with family history in a short amount of time.
- Record spiritual thoughts, inspiration, or goals with the “Notes and Journal” feature. This is also available on the LDS Gospel Library app.
- Leave comments on articles and videos at youth.lds.org. You can try it out by clicking on Share your experience at the bottom of this article.
- View your ward and stake calendar to find out what’s coming up.
- Read your ward newsletter for messages and information from your leaders.
- Request a copy of your patriarchal blessing or those of your deceased ancestors.
How to Create an LDS Account
To create a free LDS Account, go to ldsaccount.lds.org and click Register for an LDS Account. You’ll need to provide your membership number (which you can get from your ward clerk) and your birth date. Youth under age 13 will also need a parent’s membership number or email address to register.
Share the News
Now that you know some of the cool things you can do with an LDS Account, share the news. You can share this graphic below with your friends by email or on social media to help them know how they can take advantage of all these resources.
Originally appeared in the New Era magazine.
Official Web site of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
© 2016 Intellectual Reserve, Inc. All Rights Reserved