“My fourth invitation is for you to pray daily that all of God’s children might receive the blessings of the gospel of Jesus Christ,” said President Nelson.
Back in 1979, President Russell M. Nelson attended a meeting where President Spencer W. Kimball (1895–1985) charged them to pray that the doors of nations would be opened so that the gospel of Jesus Christ could be brought to all people on earth.
And during the Worldwide Youth Devotional on June 3, 2018, President Nelson extended that same invitation to you.
“My fourth invitation is for you to pray daily that all of God’s children might receive the blessings of the gospel of Jesus Christ,” said President Nelson. “You and I are living to see, and will continue to see, Israel gathered with great power. And you can be part of the power behind that gathering!”
If you have a hard time remembering to say your morning or evening prayers, meeting this challenge is a great way to help you improve that! Check out these other tips to improve your communication with Heavenly Father as you pray for your spiritual brothers and sisters to receive the gospel.
- Pray with faith, believing that God hears you and will answer you. If you need to, you can pray for that faith!
- Be awake and aware. For example, if you’re usually too tired to pray just before bed, try saying an evening prayer just after dinnertime.
- Keep a prayer in your heart. You could remind yourself of your prayer every time you get a text or you see the sky.
- Pray with real intent. If you’re praying that all of God’s children might receive the blessings of the gospel of Jesus Christ, and you’re praying with real intent, that might also mean praying for the courage to open your mouth and share the gospel with your family and friends!
President Nelson gave the youth five challenges to help you prepare to gather Israel. You can read about each of them. (Watch the entire broadcast.)
- Hold a seven-day fast from social media. Take a break from the fake!
- For three weeks, make a weekly sacrifice of time to the Lord.
- Keep on the covenant path. If you are off, repent and get back on the path.
- Daily pray that the doors of all nations will be opened for the preaching of the gospel.
- Be a light. Set the standard. Give away one copy of For the Strength of Youth.
Share Your Experience
Have you started praying that all of God’s children might receive the blessings of the gospel of Jesus Christ? Tell us about it!