“May the kingdom of God go forth, that the kingdom of heaven may come” (D&C 65:6).
The Aaronic Priesthood holders in your quorum were sent to the earth at this specific time to help prepare the world for the Second Coming of the Savior. They have special gifts and talents that the Lord wants them to use to help build His kingdom and share His gospel. The lessons in this unit will help them develop those gifts as they prepare to become leaders and teachers in the Church and kingdom of God.
To make Duty to God part of the Sunday quorum meeting, you may consider teaching the Duty to God outline below during this unit.
Outlines to choose from this month:
- How can I be a missionary now? (Duty to God)
- How can I become a better home teacher?
- How does Heavenly Father want me to use my spiritual gifts?
- How can I prepare to establish a Christ-centered home?
- What can I do to help new members of the Church?
- How can I help my less-active friends return to church?
- What is Zion?
Consider how you can plan activities that connect with what the youth are learning. A youth activities site is available to assist you. Many of the learning activities in these outlines could also serve as effective Mutual activities. Work with quorum presidencies to select and plan appropriate activities that reinforce what the young men learn on Sunday.
Duty to God
The following sections from the Duty to God book relate to the lessons in this unit: