“In the ordinances ... the power of godliness is manifest” (D&C 84:20).
The outlines in this unit will help the young men understand the ordinances and covenants of the priesthood. The experiences they have in this unit can help them appreciate and honor the covenants they have already made and look forward to ordinances they will receive in the future, including ordination to the Melchizedek Priesthood and the ordinances of the temple. In addition, Aaronic Priesthood holders have a unique need to understand the ordinances of the gospel, because they are called to administer the ordinances of the sacrament, baptism, and ordaining others to offices in the Aaronic Priesthood.
Outlines to choose from this month:
- How can I help others have a meaningful experience with the sacrament? (Duty to God)
- Why are ordinances important in my life?
- Why are covenants important in my life?
- What covenants did I make at baptism?
- How do I receive the gift of the Holy Ghost?
- Why are temple ordinances important?
- What is the oath and covenant of the priesthood?
- What does it mean to take upon myself the name of Jesus Christ?
Consider how you can plan activities that connect with what the youth are learning. A youth activities site is available to assist you. Many of the learning activities in these outlines could also serve as effective Mutual activities. Work with quorum presidencies to select and plan appropriate activities that reinforce what the young men learn on Sunday.
Duty to God
The following sections from the Duty to God book relate to the lessons in this unit: