“We believe all that God has revealed, all that He does now reveal, and we believe that He will yet reveal many great and important things pertaining to the Kingdom of God” (Articles of Faith 1:9).
The outlines in this unit will help each young man learn to recognize the voice of the Lord as He speaks to him through the scriptures, living prophets and apostles, and personal revelation by the Holy Ghost to his heart and mind. The scriptures include the commandment for priesthood holders to “give diligent heed to the words of eternal life” and “live by every word that proceedeth forth from the mouth of God” (D&C 84:43–44). In this unit, you can help the members of your quorum obey this counsel by instilling in them a love for God’s word.
To make Duty to God part of the Sunday quorum meeting, you may consider teaching the Duty to God outline below during this unit.
Outlines to choose from this month:
- Why is it important to study the scriptures? (Duty to God)
- Why is it important to listen to and follow the living prophets?
- How do I receive personal revelation?
- How can I make my prayers more meaningful?
- How can I strengthen my testimony?
- What has President Monson taught Aaronic Priesthood holders?
- How can a patriarchal blessing help me?
Consider how you can plan activities that connect with what the youth are learning. A youth activities site is available to assist you. Many of the learning activities in these outlines could also serve as effective Mutual activities. Work with quorum presidencies to select and plan appropriate activities that reinforce what the young men learn on Sunday.
Duty to God
The following sections from the Duty to God book relate to the lessons in this unit: