Prepare yourself spiritually
What scriptures and other resources will help quorum members recognize their own conversion to the Lord?
David A. Bednar, “Converted unto the Lord,” Ensign or Liahona, Nov. 2012, 106–9
Donald L. Hallstrom, “What Manner of Men?” Ensign or Liahona, May 2014, 53–55
Bonnie L. Oscarson, “Be Ye Converted,” Ensign or Liahona, Nov. 2013, 76–78
“Conversion,” True to the Faith (2004), 40–43
Let the young men lead
A member of the quorum presidency (or an assistant to the bishop in the priests quorum) conducts the quorum meeting. He leads the young men in counseling together about quorum business, teaches them their priesthood duties (from the scriptures and the Duty to God book), encourages them to share their experiences fulfilling their duty to God, and invites an adviser or a quorum member to teach a gospel lesson. He could prepare by filling out a quorum meeting agenda during a presidency meeting.
Begin the learning experience
Choose from these ideas, or think of your own, to review last week’s lesson and introduce this week’s lesson:
- Ask the young men to share something they remember from last week’s lesson. Why was this memorable to them?
- Invite the young men to make a list of things that undergo a transformation over time (such as a seed that transforms into a tree or a tadpole that transforms into a frog). How might they use these things to teach others about conversion?
Each of the activities below will help the quorum members learn about conversion and recognize evidence of conversion in themselves. Following the inspiration of the Spirit, select one or more that will work best for your quorum:
- Write the word conversion on the board, and invite the young men to look for words and phrases in Mosiah 27:25–26 that help them understand what conversion is. Invite them to discuss what they learn about conversion from these words and phrases.
- Invite the young men to choose one of the talks provided in this outline, read a section of the talk, and use information from the talk to create posters that will answer the question “How do I know if I am becoming converted?” Ask the young men to use their posters and the talks they have studied to teach each other about conversion.
- Invite the young men to study “Conversion” in True to the Faith or the scriptures in this outline and write a list of questions they could ask themselves to evaluate their progress toward conversion. Provide time for quorum members to share what they would include in their list and why. Encourage them to ponder how they would answer these questions.
- Show one of the videos in this outline, and invite the young men to share what they learn about conversion from the video. Tell the quorum members about experiences that have helped you become more converted, and invite them to share their own experiences.
Ask the quorum to share what they learned today. What feelings or impressions do they have? Do they understand how to recognize conversion in their lives? Do they have any additional questions? Would it be helpful to spend more time on this topic?
Invite to act
The young man who is conducting concludes the meeting. He could:
- Share his feelings about the importance of becoming more converted.
- Invite quorum members to choose something specific they will do to deepen their conversion.