“The power is in them, wherein they are agents unto themselves” (D&C 58:28).
The outlines in this unit will help the youth develop skills they will need to become spiritually self-reliant. They will also learn what it means to be temporally self-reliant. To overcome the temptations they face every day, they will need to have their own testimonies—they will not always be able to rely on the testimonies of others. You can help them learn how to find answers to gospel questions and gain their own testimonies of the truth. As they become self-reliant, they will be better prepared to serve and care for others in need.
Outlines to choose from this month:
- How can I become spiritually self-reliant?
- How can I find answers to my own gospel questions?
- How can I overcome doubt with faith?
- How can I learn to make my own decisions?
- How can setting goals help me become self-reliant?
- How can I prepare to be financially self-reliant?
- How can I stand as a witness of God?