“May the kingdom of God go forth, that the kingdom of heaven may come” (D&C 65:6).
The young women in your class were sent to the earth at this specific time to help prepare the world for the Second Coming of the Savior. They have special gifts and talents that the Lord wants them to use to help build His kingdom and share His gospel. The lessons in this unit will help them develop those gifts as they prepare to become leaders and teachers in the Church of and kingdom of God.
Outlines to choose from this month:
- How can I invite others to come unto Christ?
- How does Heavenly Father want me to use my spiritual gifts?
- How can I prepare to establish a Christ-centered home?
- What can I do to help new members of the Church?
- How can I help my less-active friends return to church?
- What is Zion?
- How can I participate in the hastening of the Lord’s work?
Consider how you can plan activities that connect with what the youth are learning. A youth activities site is available to assist you. Many of the learning activities in these outlines could also serve as effective Mutual activities. Work with class presidencies to select and plan appropriate activities that reinforce what the young women learn on Sunday.
The following activities from Personal Progress relate to the lessons in this unit:
Individual Worth value experience 7
Good Works value experience 7
For the Strength of Youth
The following standards from For the Strength of Youth relate to the lessons in this unit: