- “A Prophet’s Counsel” (May 2001 Friend)
A young girl and her mother discuss the importance of listening to the prophet’s counsel.
- “Article of Faith 9” (September 2011 Friend)
A visual explanation of revelation and prophecy.
- “A Testimony of the Prophet” (March 2010 Liahona and Friend)
Elder Cecil O. Samuelson Jr. talks about the first time he heard the prophet speak in the Tabernacle.
- “Callings and Prophets” (May 2003 Friend)
Elder Stephan A. West of the Seventy testifies that prophets know our struggles and let us know what we should be doing.
- “Families Are Blessed When They Follow the Prophet” (May 2014 Friend)
Tomás helps his family follow the prophet by holding family home evening.
- Family Home Evening Idea: Following the Prophet
Name some signs you see frequently. What do they instruct you to do? How do they keep you safe? Read President Thomas S. Monson’s message
- “Follow the Signs” (May 2006 Friend). What instructions does he give to help us be safe spiritually? Draw six signs to remind you of his counsel and place them around the house.
- “Finding Safety in Counsel” (November 2001 Liahona and August 1998 Friend)
President Henry B. Eyring share the story of the early Saints in Missouri and how they didn’t follow the counsel of the Prophet Joseph Smith.
- “Following a Prophet” (August 2007 Liahona and Friend)
President Gordon B. Hinckley (1910–2008) shares what happened when his parents followed the counsel of living prophets and decided to hold family home evening.
- “Follow the Prophet” (August 2005 Friend)
Elder C. Scott Grow of the Seventy shares lessons he’s learned from following the prophet, including keeping the Sabbath day holy and honoring temple covenants.
- “Following Christ at Christmas” (December 2012 Friend)
Stories from the lives of the latter-day prophets about following Christ at Christmas.
- “Following the Prophet” (January 2001 Friend)
Children share their testimonies based on guidance and instruction from President Hinckley
- “Going on an Errand for the Lord” (January 2012 Friend)
President Thomas S. Monson feels impressed to visit a man before he dies. Includes pictures of errands a prophet does for the Lord.
- “How does Jesus Christ speak to prophets?” (October 2013 Liahona and Friend)
Elder D. Todd Christofferson of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles shares some thoughts on this subject.
- “I Know the Prophet’s Voice” (October 2012 Friend)
A young girl recognizes the voice of the prophet as her family listens to the radio on the way to her grandma’s house.
- “I Want to See the Prophet” (October 2003 Liahona and Friend)
Sally is disappointed when she doesn’t get a chance to talk to President David O. McKay (1873–1970), but the spirit still testifies that he is the prophet.
- “Lessons from the Prophet Joseph” (February 2014 Friend)
President Henry B. Eyring shares four principles that Joseph Smith taught.
- “Our Living Prophet” (May 2003 Friend)
Elder M. Russell Ballard of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles promises that we will not go astray if we listen to our living prophet.
- “Prophets Teach Us to Live the Restored Gospel” (May 2013 Friend)
An explanation of how the prophet teaches by example and by speaking to us. Includes an activity to draw a picture of the prophet.
- “Scriptural Giants: Nephi Confounds the Wicked Judges” (November 1985 Friend)
A retelling of the story of Nephi.
- “Stories of Jesus: Jesus Christ Speaks to Latter-day Prophets” (August 2013 Friend)
- “Thankful for the Prophet” (November 2005 Friend)
A family is protected from uncertainty because they followed the prophet’s counsel to prepare for an emergency.
- “The Best Brigham Young” (January 2011 Liahona and Friend)
A girl tells the true story of Brigham Young after a school assignment portrays him as dishonest.
- “Why are prophets important?” (March 2012 Friend)
Elder Neil L. Andersen teaches about the importance of living prophets.
- “Why is it important to follow the prophet?” (December 2007 Liahona and Friend)
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf shares some thoughts on this subject.
- Gospel Art Collection: “Latter-day Prophets”
- Gospel Art Picture: “Building the Ark”
- Gospel Art Picture: “Moses and the Burning Bush”
- Gospel Art Picture: “Samuel Called by the Lord”
- Gospel Art Picture: “The First Vision”
- Gospel Art Picture: “The Prophet Joseph Loved Children”
- “Heed the Prophets—Follow What They Say” (April 2008 Liahona and Friend)
Includes a picture of President Thomas S. Monson
- Image Collection: First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve Apostles
- Image: Mormonad, “Come, Listen to a Prophet’s Voice”
- The Living Christ: The Testimony of the Apostles
- Matching: “Latter-day Prophets”
- Music: “We Listen to a Prophet’s Voice” (Hymns, no. 22)
- Music: “The Sixth Article of Faith” (Children’s Songbook, 126)
- Music: “We Thank Thee, O God, for a Prophet” (Hymns, no. 19)
- Music: “Follow the Prophet” (Children’s Songbook, 110)
- Music Video: “When I Hear the Prophet’s Voice”
- Poem: “Listen to the Prophet” (April 2007 Friend)
- Poem: “The Prophets and Me” (January 2001 Friend)
A poem about the prophets.
- Poem: “When I Think of Prophets” (October 2008 Friend)
- Prophet Portraits
Illustrations and captions about the lives of modern-day prophets.
- Sheet Music: “A Prophet Lives Today” (October 2003 Friend)
- Sheet Music: “I Heard the Prophet” (October 2001 Friend)
- Sheet Music: “I Like to Listen to the Prophet” (August 1997 Friend)
- Sheet Music (simplified): “Follow the Prophet” (May 2013 Friend)
- Sheet Music: “When I Hear the Prophet’s Voice” (September 2009 Friend)
- “Thomas S. Monson”
Short biography and photo of President Thomas S. Monson.
- Verse: “Portrait of a Prophet” (August 2010 Friend)
A poem about following our prophet.
- Verse: “Why I Love the Prophet” (March 2010 Friend)
- Video: “Golden Days: A Celebration of Life”
President Thomas S. Monson’s 85th birthday celebration.
- Video: Old Testament Stories, “Chapter 47: The Prophets Tell about Jesus”
- Video: “One in a Million: “Aaron, Chile”
- Video: “One in a Million: Emeri, Australia”
- Video: Truth Restored, “Modern-day Prophet—Noelle”
- Video: “We Need Living Prophets”
Members of the Church from around the world bear testimony of living prophets and apostles.